Poems from Idle Moments

10.21.2004

My Beatles and a Lady - And I love her

i was twelve when i met her
and in b-side owned her Song.
in my room-world i give her all

i will fold in slumber in loving her tenderly,
violently, in her i get angry, mad as Mad can be,
i will not lose her, I said.

if you'll see my love you’d love her too,
tenderly, violently, you'll see her and hear her,
pretty soon you'll sing her Song and more,
walk with her to the park, and more, watch movies,
play cards and more, count moles and more,
and more and all.

soon another one like you, like me,
will love her, sing her Song,
shake their heads and sing her Song all day,
until, dark, is the sky, and without, stars,
in her you'll get angry too, and fold and Dream.

in our sleep with this love of ours never fading,
we find each other, many days thereafter,
many others, the dream awakens, we find stars,
in loving chorus, unison adoration,
mosh-pit veneration,
we enshrine our room-worlds
into Songs.

awake, we begin to love the same woman
and delight in sharing her with the world.
in that sense, thus, we awake as Lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home